|Founded:||January 20, 1999|
Paon is a developer for Nintendo based in Japan.
They have been given the rights to work on Donkey Kong games, a job that was previously given to Rare before they left Nintendo and went to Microsoft. Currently, they have created DK: King of Swing, DK: Jungle Climber and Donkey Kong Barrel Blast. They also developed Hercules no Eikō: Tamashī no Shōmei, the fifth title of the Hercules no Eikō series.
When the company Data East went bankrupt, PAON bought the rights to some of their games, including Chelnov (sometimes known as Atomic Runner outside of Japan) and the Hercules no Eikō series. They are now gradually releasing some of them on the Wii's Virtual Console. They have recently participated in the development of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. So far, Paon have developed games for the Wii, DS and PS2.
- The Wild Rings (2003, Microsoft Game Studios, Xbox)
- DK: King of Swing (2005, Nintendo, Game Boy Advance)
- Donkey Kong Barrel Blast (2007, Nintendo, Wii)
- DK Jungle Climber (2007, Nintendo, Nintendo DS)
- Hercules no Eikou: Tamashii no Shoumei (2008, Nintendo, Nintendo DS)
- Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (2008, Namco (JP)/ Bandai Namco Games (US), Wii)