Mario from Super Mario Galaxy.
|First game||Donkey Kong|
|Created by||Shigeru Miyamoto|
|Designed by||Shigeru Miyamoto, Shigefumi Hino, Yoichi Kotabe|
|Voiced by||Charles Martinet|
Mario is a fictional character in the Mario seried, created by video game designer Shigeru Miyamoto. Serving as Nintendo's mascot and the main protagonist of the series, Mario has appeared in over 200 video games since his creation. Though originally only appearing in platform games, starting with Donkey Kong, Mario currently appears in many video game genres, such as racing, puzzle, role-playing, fighting and sports games, and others.
Mario is depicted as a short, pudgy, Italian-American plumber who lives in the Mushroom Kingdom. He repeatedly stops the plans of Bowser to kidnap Princess Peach and subjugate the Mushroom Kingdom. He also has other enemies and rivals, including Donkey Kong and Wario. Since 1995, Mario has been voiced by Charles Martinet.
- Mario made a cameo in The Simpsons Game in one of the levels seen in the background alongside with Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Mario made a cameo in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past as a portrait.
- Mario made a cameo in Majora's Mask as a mask behind the salesman
- Mario made a cameo in Banjo Tooie when Loggo The Toilet asks for help and Banjo says "Maybe Mario's Free at the Moment.
- Mario has been shown to be an Italian in the Super Mario Bros. Super Show. Though he was also shown to have residence in New York City.
- Mario has a speaking Cameo in Futurama as U.N. Ambassador of Italy.
- In Kirby Super Star Ultra he can be seen in the crowd when battling King Dedede, and Rock Kirby can transform into a golden Mario statue
Nintendo DS GamesEdit
Mario appears in many Nintendo DS games including (but not limited to);