|Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon|
|Release date(s)|| August 7, 2008|
February 16, 2009
December 5, 2008
|Mode(s)||Single player, multiplayer|
|Preceded by||Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn|
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon(Fire Emblem: New Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light) is the 11th installment of the Fire Emblem series and the first to feature online play. Announced in October 2007, the game is for the Nintendo DS and is a remake of the first Fire Emblem game, Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi. The game offers a graphical enhancement from Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi as well as utilising the dual screen on the Nintendo DS and its online capabilities. The game features Marth as the main character of the game. The story centres on Marth as he embarks on a quest to win back the Kingdom of Altea and rescue his kidnapped sister, Ellis. Characters that were not present in the original version, such as Freyr, have been introduced in this version. Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon was released August 7,2008 in Japan and was later released in PAL regions and North America.
Changes from Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no TsurugiEdit
- Online Multiplayer
- Event Recap and Sound Room Extras
- Map Point Saves - One time use saves that are placed on the map. Can be loaded from as many times as you want.
- Prologue Chapter - Takes place during Marth's escape from Aritia before the original game
- Gaiden Chapters
- Master Seals
- Class Swap
- Nabarl and Raddy are now Myrmidons
- Sheeda has an exclusive Wing Spear item that is effective against armors and cavaliers
- Pegaus Knights can either promote to Dragon Knights or Falcon Knights.
- Weapon Triangle Bonus is now +5 accuracy
- Strength is used to calculate Attack Speed
- Weapon Skill Stat is replaced with Weapon Levels
- Strength and magic stats coexist
- New characters not present in the original game (e.g. Freyr).